Blog Archive

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Album #1 Lott and Kelly Family Photos

I am posting photos I found in the shed at Momma Peacock's house. Some are in bad shape as they were covered in dirt and had been exposed to moisture and heat for a long time. I think these pictures came from Uncle Damon's house and belonged to Grandma Molly Lott. There are several boxes with cards and letters addressed to her. Christmas, Mother's day, Easter and Birthday Cards all from family and friends. I will scan and Post some of those too. I plan to put these pictures in a photo ablum that will be available to everyone. When I get it together I will post the information for you. Be patient it may take me a while to get it together. There's alot going on this summer. But it's too hot to be outside so I will be in on the computer as much as possible! I am calling this group of pictures
Album #1 Lott and Kelly Family Photos. 
Annie Lee Carroll on her wedding day.

Annie Lee and Walter Waterson

Daughter of Bishop Kelly

Daughter of Bishop Kelly

Austin and Lorene Lott

Charlie Lott

Charlie Lott

Cousin Corrine Weed

Austin and Damon Lott

Damon and Charlie Lott

Damon Lott US Navy WWII

Damon Lott

Diddle

right: Ella Pearl Lott daughter or Oneal Lott

Mary Francis Rebecca Kelly Lott

Job Lott brother of Tom Lott my Great Grandfather

Joe Lott brother of Tom Lott

Junior Woodham

Mary Chancey

Mae Lott I believe she was married to Joe Lott brother or Tom Lott

Esteves Children of Ella Pearl Lott

Lota Lee Lott my grandmother born in1919. She looks like she is 2 or 3 years old in this photo.
Therefore the date this photo was taken should be around 1921 or 1922. So cute! Blonde haired baby like my cousin Rona's baby son Bradley who was born in 2009.

Mary Francis Rebecca Lott "Molly Lott"

Patricia Ann Peacock

Peggy Janella Peacock

Back row left to right: Oneal Lott, Jim Lott, Burt Lott
Front row left to right: Damon Lott, Charlie Lott, Tom Lott, Mary Francis Rebecca Kelly Lott, Lucille Lott, Austin Lott, and Lota Lee Lott, my maternal grandmother.

Peggy Peacock, unkown girl, Grandma Molly Lott, and Hugh Allen Peacock

A. D. Harden Lott standing and Mary Jane Fexil Lott
Son of Mr. and Mrs. J.S. Lott San Augustine, Tx., San Augustine County Texas
Left: Austin Lott and unkown boy with hat
Junior Woodham
Unknown couple in South Florida this may be someone in Aunt Mary Lott's family. Mary Lott wife of Damon Lott. I have her maiden name on her high school report card. I will get that and update this asap.
We all loved Aunt Mary and remember her as always smiling and happy to see us. She and Uncle Damon and Momma Peacock laughed 90% of the time they were together. Uncle Damon and Aunt Mary married late in life I think Uncle Damon was in his late 40's, and Aunt Mary was several years older than he, when they married. Their house that I remember from the early 70's was in Lady Lake, Florida in the middle of an orange grove. He raised Peacocks and cows and always planted a garden.  The orange groves were beautiful. His house sat high on a hill and as far as you could see for miles and miles were orange trees. The peacocks were roaming free and nesting in huge trees around his house. I don't remember if they were oak or pecan trees. I have pictures of them I will post in another album with photos from the 70's. Behind his house was maybe 40 acres of pasture land where he raised cows. I have wonderful memories of playing in the groves and eating the oranges. Uncle Damon took his knife and cut an orange, and scooped out the center where the stem was attached and we put it to our mouth and squeezed the juice out. Man was that delicious! It chapped our lips but it was worth it!
We usually made that trip during our Thanksgiving break from school. I remember going one year during the time the orange trees were blooming. The smell was heavenly. I think I remember uncle Damon having some bee hives along the fence row in his pasture. For breakfast Aunt Mary made biscuits and we ate honey with them. Aunt Mary's biscuits super delicious with fresh butter and orange blossom honey. If you have never tasted fresh orange blossom honey get on line and order some. It's my favorite honey. I am partial to the local tupelo honey we have here too!  I'm making myself hungry!!
In 1971 Disney opened a few miles away and things began to change around Lady Lake. The groves are gone now, destroyed by a blight in the early 80's. The grove land was divided into multiple subdivisions. Uncle Damon held on to his house and pasture land until the mid 90's. He moved to Big Creek to live next to Momma Peacock. Aunt Mary went to live in Graceville Nursing Home with Alzheimers. Uncle Damon was totally devoted to her and went to the nursing home everyday to have lunch and spend the afternoon with her, even after she no longer knew him or anyone else. It was really sad and he grieved for her until he himself passed away. Momma Peacock and Aunt Shirley took care of him in his last days. Uncle Damon and Aunt Mary are buried in the cemetary of Corinth Baptist Church in Slocomb, Al., next to Grandma Molly, and his brother and sister in law, Burt and Ivy Lott.
.
Friend of Uncle Damon in South Florida early 40's
Ella Pearl Left and unkown woman
Daughters of Burt and Ivy Lott
Left to Righ: Linda, Sandra and Myra at home close to Corinth Chruch, Slocomb, Alabama.
Daughters of Bishop Lott
Children of Oneal Lott?
James Ellis Lott and friend





No comments: