Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sedgefields Plantation Union Springs, Al.



I had the pleasure of stopping by Sedgefields Plantation in Union Springs, Al. yesterday. I snapped some pictures I will share with you. I understand from Lee Ann that this construction project is a historical restoration development on the Plantation grounds. My understanding is there is alot of quilting, cooking and hunting going on here! I will get the details and get back to you soon. I hope to be able to go back and take more. Looks wonderful so far. I love the setting and the architecture especially the shaker and copper roof.
The forest along Hwy. 29 in Bullock County is incredible. Very large old forest trees and old plantation and country homes line the highway. I would love to have an entire day to spend photographing from Union Springs to Tuskegee. It's one of those magical places in Alabama, that is rich with history and southern culture. More later...


I love this gate!






Hay field in Bullock County, Al.



Hay Field, love the landscapes!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is today named Sedgefield Planation was first owned by my 2X Great Grandfather, Norborne Berkley Powell, MD, of Union Springs. Dr. Powell acquired the original 14,000 acres via Land Patents from President Van Burean, the land previously being Creek Indian tribal lands. My Grandfather, Bullock County Probate Judge Alexander Edward Singleton, came into ownership of 3,000 or so acres of the original 14,000 acre planation through his marriage to Jimmie Lucas Powell Singleton, Granddaughter of Dr. Norborne Berkley Powell. George Lightfoot Singleton, Colonel, USAF, Ret, Hoover, Alabama GSingle556@aol.com

Lori Howard said...

Hey there. This is my home & where my husband and I have lived and managed since January 2007. I would love to have permission to copy these photos. Thank you so much.