Blog Archive

Saturday, August 21, 2010

White Peanut Cake Recipe

I am preparing to make one of the pnut cake recipes, previously posted. After studying them both I am going to try the White Peanut Cake. The layers and the frosting sound yummy. I remember granny making this cake. It was usually devoured the same day! All of her boys loved to eat.
This recipe won the National Peanut Festival best peanut recipe award in 1953. It uses all crisco in the layers no butter and 10 egg whites. Also buttermilk and crushed peanuts in the cake layers and the frosting. The layers should be real fluffy and light with 10 egg whites. I will post a picture and let you know how it turns out. I was real tempted to use a premixed butter cake mix.....but I'll go all the way with the egg whites, buttermilk, crushed peanuts and soda! Later....

No comments: